Thursday, May 14, 2009

5 weeks old!

Ben is now 5 weeks old! He is starting to be able to hold up his head for a long period of time and he loves just looking around and learning all about the world around him. He has been awake a lot more the past 2 weeks, and he is more alert than ever! He is starting to look at things more and he loves taking time to examine things, but he hasn’t been able to grab things quite yet . . . but soon!
Tomorrow will be the first time Ben will be left with a babysitter. Aunt Teddy to the rescue! Todd and I are going to our friend Adam Christensen’s wedding at the Salt Lake Temple, so Teddy is driving down tonight and will go with us to the temple and wait in the waiting area till we come out . . . It should only take half an hour, but it is still weird to leave him. I haven’t been further than 50 feet of him since we left the hospital. It is different to think that for the past 5 weeks I have had the constant companionship of someone who is perfect. I still get frustrated sometimes when he doesn’t want to go to sleep when I want him to, but I really shouldn’t cause he knows what he needs to do, I just need to learn how to be more patient.
Todd got a new job! He was working for the census bureau but that ends today and we were wondering what we were going to do, and then he got a call from a company he put an application in for a month ago and they hired him, and he starts Monday. Hooray! We have truly been blessed!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! He's so cute. I really like the picture. I'm glad he's doing well in lifting his head and looking around. Babies are great reminders of how neat the world really is.

    ReplyDelete