Friday, May 15, 2009

weddings and giggles

Today was Adams wedding. It was wonderful! Teddy drove down last night so we could leave first thing in the morning to the temple. When Adam and Katherine came into the sealing room She looked super excited and happy. Adam looked nervous, terrified and slightly delighted. After the wedding luncheon, we chatted with Adam. After the wedding he was grinning from ear to ear and the fear left him. He was excited to spend eternity with his new wife and I know they will be very happy together
The sealing was nice and helped remind me how much we have been blessed through the temple. I could hardly stop thinking of my little Ben, and how much joy he has brought into our lives. People always say having a baby changes everything, which is true, but they never say how. This is my thought. Having a baby gives you an opportunity to serve, and although we might not think about it, we feel the wonderful spirit that they bring into our home. Who knew you would ever pray that your child would poop, but in the first days of Ben’s life, we did, cause that meant he was eating enough and that he was healthy. Another way your life is changed, is that you learn to be childlike all over, and come to truly understand the admonition to become as little children.
Today we experienced something new with Ben. He started smiling last Sunday, Mothers day, which makes me smile, and today he giggled for the first time. After waking up from a nap Ben and I were playing on the floor… ok he lays there while I make funny faces and talk baby talk. After I blew a few raspberries on his stomach he smiled from ear to ear and giggled. A did it again and he giggled again! It was a fun experience to see him react to me and to truly look and sound happy!
It was fun to spend the day with Teddy laughing, talking about babies, coloring pictures all over the wrapping paper of Adam’s wedding gift and just spending time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment