Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A finished project.

Today was monumental. I have been working on this beautiful wood table for several months now, with several setbacks and dissapointments. Literally blood, sweat and tears went into it, and after all of this hard work, I am finally done! The hardest step by far was the sanding and staining. I am suprising Todd's family with it tomorrow when theystop by for a visit! I am so excited. I am finally done, and now I get to start my next big project!
My mom is planning on finishing a table that she purchased from my grandmother since she is moving into a smaller basement apartment and cannot take it with her. Fortunately the stripping process does not have to take place, and all we have to do is sand, stain and finish it. I think it will be fun to work on it with her.
What am I thinking?!?
It will be fun to work with my mom, and I guess it will be a good lesson in patience. ha ha.
Well here it goes again!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It looks awesome. That will be fun surprising your in-laws when they visit and working on another project with your mom. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Job - refinishing a table is no easy task.

    ReplyDelete