Friday, March 26, 2010

Ben and his Dadadaadada

Ben loves his daddy so much, if he leaves while Ben is asleep, he will wake up promptly and start to whimper. When he leaves for work, Ben chases him trying to keep him from going. When Todd comes home from work, there Ben is racing to the door. Sometimes, when I tell him that Daddy is coming home, he will crawl over to the window and wait for his Daddy to arrive. Yesterday was a big day for our little family. As Ben was playing in the living room Todd came home from work, as soon as Ben heard him he raced into the kitchen and started babbling dadddda, daddddda daaaddaaa. Ben has said Dadda before, but not in regards to his beloved daddy, now it has clicked and Ben is calling his daddy every time he walks into the room. Luckily enough I didn't have to wait to long for him to say mamma. This morning as he was playing with his toys, he looked up, reached for me and said Mamamama. Again, he has said it before, but it mostly meant "I'm hungry feed me NOW!!!"


Good news!


As some of you know, I have been working on refinishing a table for some time now. After becoming disheartened with it all with my last staining attempt I have finally gotten back on the ball, for the past few weeks I have been meticulously re-sanding all of the old stain off. Last week I worked feverishly to stain the table top, and today, this miraculous snowy day, I have successfully completed staining the ENTIRE thing! I know I am going to have to do some touch ups as soon as it dries, but it has been very exciting to see the whole thing the color it will be.
Next stop, The last and finishing touch, the polyurethane!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! The table looks awesome! I could never do such a project--no patience. But you persevered and here it is. Good lucking finishing it.

    That's also so sweet that Ben is starting to make the connection between words and people. Aaron is the exact way--running to daddy once he's home from work--that's ok, I get to enjoy him calling me mommy now which is fun.

    ReplyDelete