Friday, July 16, 2010

The lawn of time... and other stuff

It is amazing how fast children grow up. As a sat under a tree with my neighbor across the street, I realized that it wasn't that long ago that we were both sitting under that exact same tree wishing our babies were out of our bellies so we could breathe again. Now 15 months later my little one is walking all over the house, discovering the world around him. He loves being outside, he literally hangs on the doorknob in the mornings screaming to get out and see the world. He loves dirt, all kinds of dirt. Sand from his sandbox is found everywhere. When I open the door to the backyard, that is where he is headed. In the front yard he loves helping me pull weeds. . . and flowers, out of the flowerbed and he loves helping me water the lawn while squirting himself with the hose.

My lawn is actually turning green now. . . and it actually looks like a lawn!! Early this spring my lawn was infested with weeds, so thick you couldn't see anything but weeds.After trying 2 different kinds of weed-be-gone to no avail I resorted to desperate measures. Every day I went out to my lawn and weeded. Eventually I weeded by hand the entire 1500 square feet of it. Maybe that is why Ben likes being outside so much, he is used to spending 3-4 hours a day just playing in dirt while I weed.

We are abundantly blessed. Although we do not have stable work and a reliable job we somehow have work every day. When we wake up in the morning with no work to be had, we get started with breakfast, a call will come and Todd will be out the door heading for a new job. I think it is really hard on him to bounce around so much, but I do know that he loves being able to come home to Ben and me in the afternoons, even though leaving in the evenings are hard. We were planning on going up to Idaho to deliver phonebooks (thank you Cherie for finding that for us) but Todd was blessed again with a work opportunity that will last for 3 weeks. By then we are hoping to be opening the doors to our new business. Todd and I in partnership with our friends Adam and Kathryn Christensen have purchased a franchise called Husband and Wife. We are so excited for the opportunity to work hard to support our family. I never realized how much work it took opening a business, and I am so glad to have partners in this endeavor. Originally we were planning on doing it alone, but we are so glad to have Adam and Kathryn on board to share the workload and to help us get this going faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment