Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Babysitting

I have recently started watching my next door neighbor's two young children ages 3 and 6 months. It has been an interesting experience. It has been very difficult, challenging and educational. I have learned what kind of parent I do and dont want to be. I have learned that a little bit of discipline go a long way and Danny, the 3 year old is a completely differant kid around me than his parents, he is completely obedient and alot nicer to his younger brother. Even though I will only be babysitting two days a week, I really feel like I have to plan ahead so I have ideas and plans for activities so that he is entertained without the nintendo or t.v. He is used to playing wii or watching t.v. about 8-10 hours a day, and I am trying to break him of the habit. I think it will be a good experience for me so that I can do better with my own children.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go in being proactive with discipline and a desire to keep the kids entertained. It'll be very beneficial for your own boy as you go through this experience of tending other people's kids. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know the things you have thought of to keep the boys entertained. I try to do things to keep Neil entertained but he is still a little to young to get what Im trying to teach him. Once he gets old enough it would be nice to have some ideas you came up with.

    ReplyDelete