Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Anniversary Blessings

Two years and a few days ago, my sister Jeska was in a scooter vs truck battle. She was on the scooter, and unfortunately she lost. She ended up in the hospital with a broken neck and leg and we were all extremely worried for her. Todd, my fiance at the time, was able to give her a preisthood blessing. It was wonderful for me to see that I was marrying a man of the priesthood which was a great comfort to me. Now on our second anniversary, I get to see him use the priesthood again. My next door neighbor had a baby boy last night. Before they went to the hospital Todd was asked to give a blessing to both parents, which he did. Now this morning we have learned that the baby isn't doing well, being full term but only 4 pounds. Todd was again asked to come and give another blessing to their little boy. I am so grateful to have the priesthood in my life, and to have a husband who is worthy and willing to serve the Lord in this manner.

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post! I too am so grateful to have a husband who holds the priesthood and is able to help out whenever he's asked. I hope things go better for the little baby.

    And Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am slacken as a sister! I forgot to wish you a happy anniversary! I was thinking about it last week.. and this week has just passed me so fast! You got 2 yrs down, eternity to go <3

    You inspired me from this post to write a little something on my blog..

    ReplyDelete